Haunted Wood how many freakin’ vampires am i supposed to care about these days?
Loner
166 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
Frolic exhaled as she padded after @Eljay, reaching up every now and again to tug at the skin wrapped around her throat. It was hot and itchy, though she didn’t dare complain. She was lucky to be alive after her latest escape; for some reason, her elders had decided not to murder her. And this was part of her punishment: she had been tasked with accompanying her father as he collected the season’s last greens and tucked them into the makeshift pouch. At the end of the day, they would be stored in his “medicine cabin” for winter.

She didn’t say a word as he trotted toward the trees that bordered the caldera to the south, keeping her mouth shut when her father led her into the shady wood. The temperature drop was a relief, plus there was more to captivate her interest here. Although she wasn’t particularly invested in what Eljay was doing—what plants he collected and for what purposes—the change in scenery certainly piqued Frolic’s interest.

Something in the treetops caught her eye and she halted to stare upward. She swore she saw a pair of yellow eyes blink down at her before they vanished. Frolic’s brow furrowed. She kept staring, yet the eyes didn’t reappear.

Speaking up for the first time in hours, Frolic asked, Hey papa, did you see—? only to drop her gaze and realize Eljay had moved out of sight.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)