Stone Circle When it is time to close my eyes
Kvarsheim
Hjarta*
49 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Ujurak had found himself locked into a sprint yet again. Tearing after Astrid and the wretched cry that shattered the air of an otherwise quiet morning. Sleep still encrusted his eyes as Ujurak left the warmth of the den, the gentle embrace of his siblings as they all roused from rest. Heeding the desperate wail that still echoed in his ears.

His legs seized as they neared the stone circle. Halting his stride, the others proceeded ahead of him, Ujurak's breath caught in his chest. Paws leadened as he grew statue still. Whale eyed as he balked at the sight of his father's corpse. He had thought Gunnar still when he first collapsed.

How wrong he was.

Now the former leader lay unmoving. Lively as the stones that encircled his deathbed. His siblings rushed to him. The elder siblings of the heim also by his side as Bonario, Astrid, and Ufhild embraced him. Kristjan rushed about, tending to the man they all loved so dearly.

Their mouths moved, but there was no sound. Only a static ringing in his ears. Bile rose in his throat as his guts twisted. A pierce through his heart and Ujurak dropped to the ground. Legs splayed to embrace the earth as he allowed the field grasses to swallow him. He pressed against the ground as though applying pressure would keep the pieces of his shattered heart in place.

Skáld too now arrived. Saying.... something. Looking around. Ujurak scarcely mustered the strength to lift his front off the ground. Legs trembling as he watched. He needed to go to them. To wrap his siblings in his arms and hold them close. Like he was supposed to. 

His head hung low as he peeled himself off the ground and entered the circle. His eyes darting between all present, and his father's face.
Messages In This Thread
When it is time to close my eyes - by Gunnar - October 20, 2023, 01:47 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Bonario - October 20, 2023, 02:09 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Astrid - October 20, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Ulfhild - October 20, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Bonario - October 20, 2023, 03:12 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Kristjan - October 20, 2023, 05:31 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Skáld - October 21, 2023, 01:19 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Ujurak - October 21, 2023, 01:46 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Tauris - October 28, 2023, 10:44 AM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Figment - November 01, 2023, 10:42 AM