Stone Circle I slithered here from Eden
Loner
crying is okay here
42 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Moss couldn't help but flinch at the icy tone, turning quickly to try to read the expression and offer a desperate 'I'm sorry.' Then, seeing the hint of a sense of humor dancing around the wolf's expression, he considered including the word in his apology. He thought about it, not bothering to alter his expression or conceal the obvious train of thought.

No, he wouldn't want to risk actually upsetting her if she had some sort of unfortunate memory associated with the title, so instead, he settled upon: Sorry, Miss Tauris. I, uh, hope I didn't offend you, offering up a low, pathetic wag of their thin tail. It's second nature. I forget some people don't like it, haha. He turned his head again to smile at her, My mama would rip my tongue out herself if she heard me not using my manners, though. Big deal where I'm from, ya know?

Moss pondered her question. What was it he did? Well, I suppose a bit of everything? You sort of have to be good at this and that if you've decided wandering's your calling, eh? Although I mostly know things, I suppose. I travel around and trade what I've learned on my journeys with other packs. He was moving at a steady pace now, his hind leg tucked away neatly. It seemed the limp was more of an issue when getting up and not so bothersome if walking.

You couldn't tell now, but I'm a fine hunter. I was the lead hunter for a pack I stayed in once upon a time. I didn't plan on leaving that one, but, eh, things happen. Ouch! Oh, a rock. Watch that just there. Anyway, I also know my way around a nursery. I have lots of... Um... They trailed off, almost impulsively saying kids, his kids, of course, but... That might give the wrong impression. Lots of younger siblings. So pup-rearing comes easy as wink now. But I'm sure I can keep busy wherever I'm needed. Hunting, looking after little ones, listening to your problems—I am a good listener, believe it or not- heck even entertaining. Just tell me what you need... Except for maybe a guard. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not the most rough-and-tumble guy, they laughed. Then, a realization, eyes growing wide. Oh, that's something. Don't bother yourself when referring to me; whatever comes out of your mouth is fine. I'll come when I'm called, no worries.

Oh, I am sorry for talking so much. I swear I don't usually, but it's been quite a while since I've had anyone to talk to, you see? I can stop, though, really I can if it's bothering you. Some people like to have something to listen to, but I'm just as happy in silence. It's easier to look at things then, observe. Listening takes up a lot of space if you're doing it right and really hearing what they're saying. It doesn't leave a lot of room for thinking. He halted here again, either for lack of breath or waiting for Tauris' response; it was unclear.
Messages In This Thread
I slithered here from Eden - by Moss - October 03, 2023, 12:03 AM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Sven - October 07, 2023, 07:40 AM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Ingram - October 08, 2023, 05:48 AM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Moss - October 13, 2023, 11:40 AM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Sven - October 17, 2023, 10:36 AM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Tauris - October 21, 2023, 04:33 PM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Moss - October 25, 2023, 09:19 PM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Tauris - October 28, 2023, 10:24 AM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Moss - October 30, 2023, 12:09 AM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Tauris - October 31, 2023, 12:54 PM
RE: I slithered here from Eden - by Moss - October 31, 2023, 04:09 PM