Ocean's Breath Plateau Buried alive inside my dreams, but it was all a fake-out
Moontide
Healer
134 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Relief, first; but there was more to it, a vastness to their differences in culture that even Marina's insecurities surrounding the subject could not have conjured. She kept an open mind as she listened and found herself conflicted. In theory, she hated the idea. The thought of answering to another woman, finding herself secondary in decisions only for the fact that Chakliux had not married her first. But she knew Tullik. She liked Tullik.

But then, what about Nasamik?

Her conflict showed in her expression. She wanted this but not at the cost of her pride; it was a hard-won thing, treasured to her, and still so new. She'd raised her children largely alone, after all. And she'd become accustomed to it, that independence, the ability to make a decision without needing to consider anyone else at all. The knowledge that she could be her own stability.

But truly, she did like Tullik. The conflict softened from her expression, leaving something thoughtful in its place.

That sounds alright, Her voice was lighter, more hopeful now. I do like Tullik. Marina hesitated, unsure how to continue, how to say what she meant.

For you, I would be third, She said finally, unsure but wanting so desperately to be sure. Chakliux had always been here, had made her feel supported and important in some way even before this talk of marriage. Surely that feeling would only grow. How could marriage diminish it?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Buried alive inside my dreams, but it was all a fake-out - by Marina - November 27, 2023, 01:53 PM