Two Eyes Cenote [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns
Loner
38 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
All Welcome 
Some late AP/WP threads from me. Loosely backdated. Reigning in my muse here. AW but looking for @Eset in particular. Feel free to prod me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Beautiful ceremonies, lavish feasts, strong drink, boisterous guests, and attentive staff. It was an event of a lifetime, and he managed to not have missed it. What a lucky man he was, to stay in luxury as a guest.

He hated it.

He didn't hate the ever-so-kind hosts. The newly crowned Pharaoh with newlywed husband. They seemed overjoyed with themselves and their ceremony. It was not lost on him that the halls were open to outsiders for the obviously monumental occasion.

He didn't hate the members of Akashingo. It was blood and sweat that kept the hold thing together. From where he sat he watched fellahin dance through the crowd with serving trays. Guards, mazoi if he recalled correctly, were present with watchful eyes.

He didn't even hate the others guests. Each face he saw held some amount of awe. Even if that mostly was at the prepared food. And even after, there was still a good time to be had. Dancing, singing. There was joy and excitement.

He didn't feel the joy or excitement. That's what he hated.

Briar sat against a wall, spine pressed into a recessed portion of stone. A half-drunk serving of the cactus drink between his paws. It made him feel rotten, or at least more rotten than he already was.

So, he leaned back and observed. The place where the blue and yellow of his eyes met tinted green with envy.
Messages In This Thread
[ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Briar Cayde - December 12, 2023, 11:59 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Eset - December 13, 2023, 01:42 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Briar Cayde - December 13, 2023, 07:10 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Eset - December 16, 2023, 11:16 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Briar Cayde - December 20, 2023, 01:16 AM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Eset - December 20, 2023, 01:01 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Briar Cayde - December 21, 2023, 12:54 AM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Eset - December 26, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Briar Cayde - January 01, 2024, 10:37 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Eset - January 06, 2024, 07:41 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Briar Cayde - January 13, 2024, 04:56 PM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Eset - June 08, 2024, 11:54 AM
RE: [ap] A wallflower, mind the thorns - by Eset - June 08, 2024, 11:54 PM