Jade Fern Grove Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread.
Exploring The World
107 Posts
Ooc — Me
I see Esma having a spiritual crisis one day. :D Or becoming a philosopher, who questions every little thing.

Esma was an introvert, but time from time a subject would engage her so much, that she would forget that she was socially awkward. Or that for the most part she did not consider herself worthy enough to be noticed. And it was really a mystery, why had she turned out this way, because her mother had done her very best and had always be nothing less than welcoming to answer all her questions. 

"Son cannot be the same as father. I am me and my mom is her. We are not the same?" Esma tried to find logic in John's statement, but - perhaps - as with all gods, there had to be some magic involved. "What does he teach?" Esma asked. "What are the rules?" She figured that - maybe - if this god did not meddle in her thoughts and did not require her to sacrifice her most precious toys and foods, she may consider converting. 

"Don't you have happiness, family here?" Esma asked, not understanding, why should he look for it somewhere else, if he had it already here. Again she thought to herself, that if that place John spoke of had all the venison in the world she could eat every day (she had tasted it once and nothing had ever been the same after that), maybe John's god would be a better partner for transactions. But then... there was this deal about giving your whole life to him. And Esma, who did not have much of anything, but herself, was not quite ready to give it up. 

"UUhh... Oh..." Esma did not know, what to say. "One is bear of light. The other is bear of all darkness. They are two beings of a whole. And my mom knows, how to speak to them through gifts - tasty food and plants, and treasures. Then they give us gifts in return," she explained to the best of her ability, but it was very obvious that she did not know much about in detail. She was in that gray area between believing the gods because she had been taught to do so and then as she entered teenager stage, more questions began to pop up. 

"But I think they are also like the wind. Bears. I have never seen them. Just heard about them. So, I do not know, how Atka and Sos look either," she added for a good measure.
Ask before skipping. Esma was born 3/5/23
Messages In This Thread
Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread. - by John - January 05, 2024, 07:16 PM
RE: Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread. - by Esma - January 27, 2024, 05:47 PM
RE: Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread - by John - February 09, 2024, 11:19 PM