Jade Fern Grove Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread.
Rivenwood
Leaf
His Reverence
125 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Aw, but questioning everything is the way of learning. ;) Keep on going Esma.

John had no problem in all her questions, he quite rather enjoyed it. Finally, a child, even another wolf, who did not scorn him, or bite his neck for being himself. He appreciated this girl, her willingness to listen, to ask questions and even share her belief. Despite any differing beliefs, her mother raised a very good child.

“That may be true, but without a mom, a daughter cannot be. Without God, Son could not be. Son was made by Father to be just like father.” He hope his words were not too complicated, but then again, she seemed smart, past her years.

“Well, He teaches us to be kind, love others, respect each other, treat others as we would want to be treated and to give and share. Just to name a few.”

“As for rules, there’s ten of them.” He simply stated, but then a thought popped into his mind: Some of them weren’t exactly tailored to children…. Well, he’d give her a few of them, the important ones. “A few of the really important ones are to honor your mother and father by listening to them and cherishing them, do not want what others have, do not lie, and never overuse God’s name. Kind of like if I said, Oh my Atka, or Oh my Sos. He doesn’t like that.” A shake of his head, along with a gentle wag of his tail. 

One of her next questions, a deep one, something that made him think a little more, his eyes starting to feel teary: “I do. I have a family, and I’m very happy with my life. But, what I mean is that when we die one day, and as long as our family lived their lives to God’s pleasure, we all get to meet again after death, in one happy place. Everything I tell you was told to me by my family, and they were taught by theirs.”

He then fell silent, listening to her, curiosity on his face.

She explained that Atka and Sos were bears, one of light and one of dark, and much like the wind, and his God, they couldn’t not be seen, only spoken to. She and her family gave offerings to them, and in return received gifts. An interesting proposition. “Wow. That’s interesting. Thank you sharing about your belief. I suppose we’re not too different from each other.”

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Messages In This Thread
Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread. - by John - January 05, 2024, 07:16 PM
RE: Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread. - by John - January 27, 2024, 07:12 PM
RE: Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread - by John - February 09, 2024, 11:19 PM