Moonspear i'm just a normal boy
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
This question was inevitable. Stingray knew it would come from others as well. It was only natural to wonder what a young man or woman had encountered in their time away from home. Nevertheless, he was unprepared for it and hesitated on how to respond.

He was unwilling to share everything. Sialuk might understand better than anyone what had precipitated his return to the Teekon Wilds and he considered, for a moment, that it might be nice for someone to understand, but he was quick to discard it. He did not want this thing to be well known, and he worried it would get back to his family. He was not ready to confront that possibility.

So Stingray told Sialuk of the pirate pack he had met along the southern coast, of their hoards of bones and flittering rocks and their fermented fruits. He told Sialuk of the horse-loving pack with the strange bent ears and the closed in pen they stayed within. He told her of the stargazers and how they tried to teach him their craft and the names of the constellations, but how he found it hard to remember everything.

Of the two wolves from that pack with whom he had become friends, he said not a single word.

There are so many cultures, he concluded, and it's cool to learn about them and meet new folks, but it's nice to be back home, too. The most important lesson he had learned was that he was a wolf who valued familiarity and found comfort in routine. Oh, are we here? he asked, spotting two telltale divots and clusters of rabbit prints in the snow ahead.
Messages In This Thread
i'm just a normal boy - by Stingray - January 16, 2024, 12:47 AM
RE: i'm just a normal boy - by Sialuk - January 19, 2024, 04:14 PM
RE: i'm just a normal boy - by Stingray - February 10, 2024, 01:26 PM
RE: i'm just a normal boy - by Sialuk - February 16, 2024, 04:54 PM
RE: i'm just a normal boy - by Stingray - February 20, 2024, 11:03 AM
RE: i'm just a normal boy - by Sialuk - March 06, 2024, 09:10 PM
RE: i'm just a normal boy - by Stingray - March 08, 2024, 03:25 AM
RE: i'm just a normal boy - by Sialuk - March 13, 2024, 07:19 PM