Sun Mote Copse but i'd rather swim ashore
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
These were questions Stingray should have anticipated, but they surprised him all the same. What did interest him about ambassadorship? Certainly the ability to stretch his legs and travel was a nice perk, and he would be doing something good for his pack. Sun Mote Copse had many allies through the extensive Redhawk connections, so there would be no shortage of work to do. It would give him a sense of purpose he felt he lacked.

But beyond the typical I-need-a-job-to-pay-my-rent aspect of picking up a more involved role, Stingray didn't have a solid answer for his mother.

I guess, he said, stumbling a little as he tried to come up with something impressive on the fly, it would be nice to... Do something meaningful. Not that other jobs aren't meaningful! His ears slicked back sheepishly and his eyes darted down to his baby siblings. He hadn't meant to raise his voice in his haste to correct himself, and while he knew they couldn't hear him, the impulse to flinch was automatic. Just, well, we have lots of family and I spent lots of time walking out there, but always felt like I wasn't walking anywhere. Now I'd be walking to grandma Towhee's or Sialuk's or Rodyn's or Seal's packs to help keep ties. I'd get to see so many wolves and keep them informed on our status, too. So I guess I'd want to focus on that: maintaining bonds between all our packs.

He paused both to catch his breath — somewhere in there, he had forgotten to take one — and to think. What made you want to be one? Maybe knowing Meerkat's motivation would help Stingray solidify his own.
Messages In This Thread
but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - March 04, 2024, 01:35 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - March 04, 2024, 09:04 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - March 08, 2024, 03:34 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - March 08, 2024, 09:00 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - April 06, 2024, 10:23 PM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - April 08, 2024, 08:41 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - April 17, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - April 18, 2024, 08:16 AM