Emberwood [m] Internet killed the video star
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The Valley had been a surprise to Reina. She hadn't expected to be brought here, but it all started to make sense as she recalled previous discussions about traveling. The news had initially excited her. However, her anticipation was dampened when Ruin emerged and disrupted her plans. What stung more than anything was that the pack had chosen to abandon her, proceeding with their departure without her. Unbeknownst to her, there was a different reason behind their actions, and she had been the last straw.

The fact they left her behind would have been her last straw, until she heard her name carried by the wind, followed by Tybault’s, causing her heart to quicken with each approaching footstep.

It stopped her in her tracks; her head high, ears on a swivel, eyes scanning for the one who called to them. Then, she caught sight of him — Everett. Her heart sang out to him, but it hesitated and stumbled. She instinctively took a step back as the silver-coated male drew near, her unresolved emotions fluttering just beneath the surface, an icy veneer masking a storm of abandonment and hurt feelings. She understood deep down that her resentment was misplaced; his actions were necessary for his sister and her children's well-being. She knew she shouldn't hold it against him.

Yet, she did — selfishly so. She wished he had chosen her as well.

Observing him closely, she noticed a haunted, weary look in his eyes, a far cry from his usual. What had transpired while they were gone?

“Everett.” His name left her lips as a soft plea, a mix of longing and sadness for all that had been missed. She had stepped around Tybault, her eyes never leaving the iron-clad fallen angel, as her paws carried her closer. She stopped short before him.

Mere seconds had passed as scents hit her nares and she breathed them in—Reverie and the girls, they were close. And, so was Dusty Rose? Not truly far fetched to find his scent mingled with theirs. When they had formally met, he had caught a bird for the girls to play with—he must have brought something to them, again. It was kind of him. She liked that about the coywolf.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
[m] Internet killed the video star - by Tybault - May 12, 2024, 08:48 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Dusty Rose - May 12, 2024, 09:05 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Reverie - May 12, 2024, 10:55 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Everett - May 13, 2024, 09:16 AM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Reina - May 13, 2024, 02:44 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Tybault - May 13, 2024, 02:57 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Dusty Rose - May 13, 2024, 03:15 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Reverie - May 13, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Everett - May 13, 2024, 03:55 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Reina - May 13, 2024, 06:02 PM
RE: [m] Internet killed the video star - by Tybault - May 13, 2024, 06:08 PM