Emberwood [m] Internet killed the video star
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
His apology, though minimalistic at best, held more than what was actually said; it melted her just ever so slightly, his I’m sorry like an ember. Though small, it still gave off warmth. The ice around her heart began melting, forming into a single tear that slid down her cheek, but he would have to do more than that to truly shatter them completely.

And, truthfully, Reina, herself, did not know what that meant. She was truly tired. Emotionally, mentally, physically exhausted from everything.

Yet, Tybault’s outburst had caught her attention. She followed Everett’s turn, eyeing the two as they approached. It can wait. You need rest. Everyone is okay.

What the hell happened?

And, why was Dusty Rose’s and Reverie’s scents combining, the scent much stronger now and tied together, unlike before when smelled them on the wind, separately. It could only have meant one thing—only one thing could join scents in such a way. No, Reverie…you didn’t. How could you?

The damn broke. Her ice walls shattered, but water did not flow, no. No, it was liquid fire. “No, I don’t want to rest. What did happen here, Reverie? Hmm? Let’s recap, shall we? We’ll start at the beginning. you kissed me and then left me. I stepped into the Marsh to escape you, the Hushed Willows, just for a little while, and, while doing so, I got kidnapped. Fun fact: the man who took me was the same man that killed my family. How fun is that? Tybault found me and killed the man. When he found me I was addle-brained on poppy—but I’m fine now, thank you for asking. Oh, wait, silly me, you didn’t—but I cleaned up and spent days healing your brother enough to travel. Now, we’re here.” Her breathing was fast and hard. She was seething, eyes as dark as stormy skies. It did not escape her that the admission would be a shock, possibly more so to Everett, in her case; she would have to deal with that later.

Her heart had been, and still remains, broken—Reverie needed to answer for it.

“Your turn. What. Happened. Here. And, why do you,” nodding to both Reverie and Dusty Rose, “both smell as if you’ve soaked in each other’s bath water?”
Messages In This Thread
[m] Internet killed the video star - by Tybault - May 12, 2024, 08:48 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Dusty Rose - May 12, 2024, 09:05 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Reverie - May 12, 2024, 10:55 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Everett - May 13, 2024, 09:16 AM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Reina - May 13, 2024, 02:44 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Tybault - May 13, 2024, 02:57 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Dusty Rose - May 13, 2024, 03:15 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Reverie - May 13, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Everett - May 13, 2024, 03:55 PM
RE: Internet killed the video star - by Reina - May 13, 2024, 06:02 PM
RE: [m] Internet killed the video star - by Tybault - May 13, 2024, 06:08 PM