Wheeling Gull Isle Still you give yourself away
Loner
His Reverence
150 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
What Simeon wanted, what he proposed to do, showed the Holy Spirit in his heart. Not that it hadn’t been there before, but it showed John those with pure hearts can withstand the waves, and even tsunamis, of life. 

“We will do that, Simeon. Before your baptism, we will pray for the family. We must also pray for your mother, her faith I believe is waning. She needs God’s guidance once more.” His face wore a small smile now, a hint of sadness, yet compassion in his gaze.

As they neared the shore, with its lapping waves, Simeon had admitted that he was only a little scared, and John understood. “I too, was afraid. And that’s is okay. But you are strong, strong in faith as much as in body.”

And there they were, standing between sand and surf, the water was calm, the morning sun bright. John sat by the water’s edge, asking Simeon to sit beside him. There, they would pray, and John would place his paw on Simeon’s. Before John bowed his head, and closed his eyes, he asked “Would you like to start the prayer?”

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles borrowed from various gospel songs)
Messages In This Thread
Still you give yourself away - by John - June 05, 2024, 11:18 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by Simeon - June 06, 2024, 02:50 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by John - June 06, 2024, 05:06 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by Simeon - June 06, 2024, 05:53 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by John - June 06, 2024, 09:42 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by Simeon - June 07, 2024, 12:04 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by John - June 07, 2024, 01:49 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by Simeon - June 08, 2024, 09:22 AM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by John - June 09, 2024, 10:34 PM