Swiftcurrent Creek Only hate the road when you're missing home.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><b><FONT COLOR="#5a0b0b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5a0c0c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#590d0d">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#580f0e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56100f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#551110">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#541211">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#531311">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#521512">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#511613">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#501714">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f1815"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4d1a16">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c1b17">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b1c18">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a1d19">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#491e1a"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#48201b">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#47211c">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#46221d">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44231d">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#43241e">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#42261f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#412720">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#402821">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f2922">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e2a23">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c2c24">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b2d25">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a2e26"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#392f27">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383128">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#373228">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#363329"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#35342a">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#33352b">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#32372c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31382d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#30382d">d</FONT></i></b></span></p>
53 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Though saying “thank you” for something that he had no control over felt ultimately odd to the shaman, pumpkin gaze lingering upon her, watching as Paarthurnax bobbed her head in a polite manner in response. She seemed like the kind of woman that was used to receiving compliments, and not for any other reason that she just had that look. It was true that her beauty would be hard to rival, and thus, the Kesuk did not know any females that he could openly compare to her for outer beauty, as shallow as it sounded (and accordingly seemed), she easily took the cake, so to speak. Nefarious was sure, though, that Paar had other assets than just striking physical beauty; but just because the shaman's first love was voodoo and his faith didn't mean he was blind or in any shape impervious to feminine charms. He wasn't, and he found his newly meant pack mate to be quite charming, though back pedaled as quick as he could from that particular thought given the fact that she was quite pregnant which insinuated that she had a mate, and surely said mate would not be overly fond of the idea of some other male appreciating his mate's beauty, or finding her charming despite being heavily pregnant as she currently was.

Paar spoke again of her unborn children, stating that she had several names in mind for her children. “Will you follow your mother's tradition of being named after dragons?” Despite that it, truly, wasn't any of Nefarious' business he was curious, and didn't mind. He left the invitation open for her to elaborate and tell him if she wished too; or not if she did not wish to become that personal. After all, Nefarious understood that they were still strangers. Never mind that she knew something that hardly anyone else did about him. He still felt naked knowing that she knew his true name, and worse yet contemplated telling her that she could call him by it because he had liked how 'Anik' sounded spilling forth from her lips. He had gone by “Nefarious” for so long, though, that to decide to shed it in favor of 'Anik' felt like taking off armor in the middle of a war. Nefarious wondered if her mate would be there for the naming processes but decided, on a haunch, not to ask.

Paar's following question was a switch of topics, this time moving to any trades that he was looking to earn in the Creek. The concept of trades was awfully similar to Akkuma's universal co-ranks though unlike his home Swiftcurrent Creek did not have specific co-ranks tailored uniquely to the pack itself. So, Nefarious was left to try to pick three that were relevant to his training. “Primarily my focus will be on healer. I was a medic in my previous home, which is basically the same thing,” Just a different word for it, in reality. He did not confess that he was more than just a medic, but it was a relevant term without going into the messy details of faith, religion, and voodoo magic which he knew that she did not believe in. “I have to do some recon and find out what's universal, and what's indigenous to this specific area. Once I learn what's poisonous and what isn't it should be no problem earning it.” For the most part, it was learning the indigenous plants, and their uses.

“After I earn that I'll probably turn my sights to warden as a secondary.” He admitted simply because there was nothing to being a warden. Suluk had forced his children to make the rounds in Akkuma all the time and he knew how to handle different situations that could potentially arise. That left his tertiary trade, which was still a large unknown.

“What of you?” The shaman returned the question with soft interest. “Do you have any trades, or any that you're working towards?”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only hate the road when you're missing home. - by Nefarious - November 24, 2014, 07:43 AM