Big Salmon Lake i remember the make-up running down your face
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finn fell silent, obedient to the Blackthorn's wishes which all at once surprised and infuriated her, neither of which was at all the appropriate reaction. It shouldn't have been surprising, for Fin ought to have opened her eyes to see that there was nothing her doppleganger would have denied her. He stood before her with his heart wrenched open at her paws, boldly baring it for better or worse a potential victim to her treacherous whims. It was exactly as she'd asked him to do, and just as she'd asked him for the silence he so willingly gave, it quickly became exactly the opposite of what she wanted.

Finley felt her limbs begin to tremble as she dug her way through her thoughts, but she forced herself to steady with equal parts stubbornness and determination. She shut her eyes and took a few deep breaths, attempting to calm her mind so that she could approach the matter at hand. Finally, she opened her eyes again and parted her lips, though she kept her gaze protectively averted from his face, knowing very well the weakness she had to those olive eyes.

"Finn... I just.. I wanted you to come to the Caldera with me, I didn't..." The moment the words began to come, she felt them falter as she began to rethink all of the sentences she'd strung together in her head, "This is just way more than I.. expected..." She bit back the word wanted as it had almost escaped, knowing how deeply it would hurt him, and also knowing how uncertain she was of it's truth. Was it really more than she wanted? She didn't know, she didn't know... Why couldn't she just know?

Fin forced herself to steal a glance at his face, knowing the heartbreak she'd see upon it would only serve to torment her. She had never despised herself more fully. She was killing him, killing herself, and all she wanted to do was run like hell from it all.

Messages In This Thread
i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 05, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 07, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 01:50 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finley - December 09, 2014, 10:05 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 11, 2014, 07:01 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 13, 2014, 08:05 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 18, 2014, 09:19 PM