The Sunspire No other shotgun rider
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Perhaps she should have waited and let this moment stay as it was, a sweet reunion of lovers. Instead she'd stomped on it, intent on tearing it apart. She had let it go so long, though, that she needed to know where they all stood. The not knowing was more stressful. She did not wish to lose him any more than he did her, but unlike him, she had hope that this conversation would instead bring them closer together.

She didn't smile as he joked, but instead listened silently as he finally spoke openly with her. Though she did not agree with everything that he said, she made no move to argue or defend, instead listening as one impartial.

She knew that Jace would never use his power to hurt Sumayl, especially not with his relation to her. He had more respect for himself, and for her feelings, than that. Yet it was not a far stretch for Sumayl to be worried about it, so she was not too upset by this. Some definitely would use such power to get even with one they did not get along with, but her brother was not one of them.

But then he drew back, and his words got a bit more acidic in nature. Her ears tilted back involuntarily as she listened, but she kept her face straight, a feat for one normally so expressive as she. Inwardly, she mulled them over. He apologized, and reinforced the fact that he was happy so long as she was, but it was not enough for her. Because knowing that he was unhappy, she would be so as well. It sorta came with the territory. She could not be at ease knowing that he did not enjoy himself save when he was in her presence, for she was too much a wandering spirit to stay in one place, and there would be times when they would be apart.

Nerves were on edge as she made to respond, his explanation finished. Now it was her turn to openly share, returning the favor. "I know my brother, and no matter how he may feel about you, he would not abuse his power. That aside, though, some just weren't meant to get along. Yes, this is upsetting, but I still wouldn't ask either one of you to change." She loved them too much as is.

She hesitated for a moment, unsure how he would take the request she was about to make. "I would like to give another go at it, if you are willing. But I want to be there. I don't want to force you two but... I want to be sure." Her voice got a bit quieter at that. "I can't be happy when you are unhappy. It just doesn't work that way. So if that doesn't work... it is up to you. But where you go, I will be there.". Her words were firm, decisive. She had done a lot of thinking on the subject. "So long as my brother is free to visit whenever he wishes." It was the one addendum she would not budge from, and this was the make or break moment. If Sumayl was so close-minded and petty that he would deny her brother from seeing her, she would leave him and not look back. But she was fairly confident that would not be the case, and her sorrow in leaving behind the home she had accepted in her heart would be acceptable so long as they were both happy and together.
Messages In This Thread
No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 14, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 15, 2015, 08:11 AM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 16, 2015, 10:06 AM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 16, 2015, 07:19 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 18, 2015, 07:36 AM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 18, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 20, 2015, 09:16 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 22, 2015, 08:08 AM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 22, 2015, 04:22 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 26, 2015, 02:53 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - March 06, 2015, 04:52 PM