Redhawk Caldera second horizon
2 Posts
Ooc —
I kept it vague in regards to the tornado (but I did take a glimpse at the map to see how close it would have came so I might have some idea of damage). Also, I'm on vacation but I wanted to get this up as to avoid removal. :P

Leontii drew in a deep breath as he took pause to allow ocher colored eyes to take in the unfamiliar territory that he supposed he now called home. It was a strange word when made in correlation to the Caldera pack he'd been accepted into but the oddity of it — of considering another pack aside from Ice-Crowned Peak home, that was — didn't make it any less of a truth. The height of the Caldera didn't bother him, didn't fill him with any sort of trepidation as he studied the peak that crowned the horizon, it's height stretching skyward. Having been raised on a peak whose caves were utilized wisely by the wolves that inhabited the pack offered a higher mortality rate but made the terrain familiar to him, if not a tad nostalgic. He was familiar with treacherous slopes, and paths that one misstep could easily lead to a untimely death. The lion understood that experience didn't grant immunity from accidents but he drew comfort from the sight in the distance, nevertheless. Perhaps, once he learned the lay of the land before it he would soothe the itch to explore what the Caldera's crowning glory had to offer him.

Priority had to be arranged and his first piece of business was finding a den, lest he desire to sleep under the comfort of the night skies and stars once more (he did not). It wasn't that he particularly minded sleeping under the open sky but there were certain advantages to sleeping in a shelter that he'd missed while he was making his journey from home. Black, leathery nostrils flared as his head bent down towards the earth, sticking his nose close to the entrance of a den that appeared abandoned. There was a faint fox scent and it was presently too small for him to fit his body — as tall and broad as he was — into it but it wasn't horrendous. A bit of work and it would become a sizable den; but he could continue searching. He might have a smidgen of luck and find one wolf sized that was never re-claimed, and so his head rose to scope out a vague path north bound and pushed forward, figuring it wouldn't hurt to get a better lay out of the pack's heart land while he was shopping around.
Messages In This Thread
second horizon - by Leontii - July 29, 2015, 07:38 PM
RE: second horizon - by RIP Fox - July 29, 2015, 09:51 PM
RE: second horizon - by Leontii - July 30, 2015, 08:21 AM
RE: second horizon - by RIP Fox - July 31, 2015, 09:49 AM