I remember the old times
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Please allow @Meldresi to post first. If she's fine with it, anyone who's interested can pop in afterwards.

The plan had been to leave the second the first rays of the sun's light started to brighten up the sky, but that had not happened. Having not wished to leave without giving an explanation, and letting it be known he'd be returning, the Inuit had made the mistake of stopping by the den that housed his ex-lover and children. Once there, he'd shared a few words, and then spent some time with his children before deciding it was time for him to head out. Xan had wanted to come along, as he often wanted to follow every time he saw his father, but was not permitted to. The journey was still too far for him to travel, plus Kove had yet to check out the land since the storm. He didn't know what to expect of the land, and had no plans of leading his child into a potentially dangerous situation. So, he left on his own, and started the journey to the pack of shadows.

The trek itself was not as bad as he'd been expecting it to be. The land was not how it once was, but the changes were not enough to leave it unrecognizable. He still knew where to go, which steps to make and what paths to follow. The direction to the dark forest was one practically engraved in his mind. He could never forget it, no matter how much time passed between his visits, or how much the terrain was changed by an aggressive storm. It was the first home he'd had since leaving the one he'd been born into, and he had a tie to it that could never be forgotten. The woods were where his queen resided, the priestess he was loyal to despite his place within another pack. No matter where he went, or what pack he joined, though, the loyalty he felt towards the dark woman would not falter. It had been clouded over once before, and had led to him losing his place as the leader of the valley. Never again would he allow for such a thing to happen. The whole point of his journey was to prove that, and also to strengthen the ties he held to the dark land of wolves once more.

As the outline of the forest came into view, his run slowed to a steady jog, before he finally came to a halt a respective distance from the border. There was a hare clutched in his jaws, a gift of sorts he'd stopped to catch on the way over. Though something bigger would have been preferred, transporting anything else would have slowed him down considerably, and he'd already been away long enough. Placing the hare down by his front paws, the man then tilted his head back, muzzle pointed towards the sky, and let out a long howl. He called for Meldresi, the dark priestess of the woods, his queen. Despite his call for her alone, he understood if she planned to be accompanied by other members of the pack. His absence had been a long one, and so he could not blame her if she wished for him to leave immediately. In spite of his uncertainties, he sat and waited patiently, not allowing his minor worries to show through his features.
Messages In This Thread
I remember the old times - by Kove - August 18, 2015, 01:58 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - August 18, 2015, 09:13 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - August 19, 2015, 12:05 AM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - August 25, 2015, 08:52 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - August 26, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - August 27, 2015, 05:36 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - August 29, 2015, 01:21 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - August 30, 2015, 04:03 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - September 12, 2015, 01:08 AM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - September 14, 2015, 11:31 AM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - September 23, 2015, 03:28 PM