Horizon Ridge HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes
now known as<br><strong>OBSIDIAN KESUK,</strong><bR>amnesiac
59 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
Welcome to Horizon Ridge's first Pack Hunt! A small herd of deer (one stag, four does, and two fawns) have ventured onto the sands of the beach! It is a sunny but cool morning, February 28th, with a slight mist rolling in off the sea. This thread is not mandatory but it is highly recommended that your character is present, whether they observe or participate in the hunt. This round will end on Monday the 3rd.

It was not a thing he had planned for weeks. It was a thing he had planned for mere moments, when he saw them there upon the sand, their slender limbs dampened by sea foam as they waded into the shallows. He'd never seen deer on the beach, and he doubted he'd ever see it again, but there they were, early morning sunlight raining down upon their tawny backs. Four does, two fawns all spotted as if with snow, and a majestic buck, dipping his antlers until they touched the water, flinging his head back with a snort at the taste of the salt. Akhlut's features tugged into a smile.

The stag was a beast of rolling hills and towering trees, as foreign here in the realm of the Sea as a seal would be on a mountainside. His presence on this stretch of sand, on the very morning that Akhlut had taken leave from his border patrols to wander down to the shore, was a sign of good fortune. The gods intended the pack of Light to feast today, and this was the meal they offered up. The dark Alpha was not about to waste their gift, annointed with the holy water of the Sea. He retreated, backtracking, but ever keeping a watchful eye as the does browsed on washed up kelp and the fawns chased each other in the surf. The buck even let his guard down to investigate a gnarled piece of driftwood, nudging it with his antlers thoughtfully.

Akhlut issued a low howl to call his pack to him. To a deer, it was the lower pitch of communication, not the howl to hunt; to a wolf, its message was one to approach cautiously and quickly so as not to startle the prey.
Messages In This Thread
HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Akhlut - February 27, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Bambi - February 27, 2014, 09:21 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Pied - February 27, 2014, 09:34 PM