Broken Antler Fen The Huntsman Has No Prey
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
All Welcome 
Anyone wanting to hunt with Embry, just join in! I'm rolling some dice to make it realistic (evens = prey caught, odds = prey lost - I got 2 on my first roll!) as the guidebook instructed but you don't have to if you want. Also, I'd really like to work on gaining a thread for my counselor trade, so if anyone wanted some advice or anything, feel free to join!

Embry parted his lips, tongue rolling across his pearly whites as the scents of morning rushed upon him. His golden-blonde fur shone in the weak sunlight, a startling contrast to the dark undergrowth surrounding him. He was feeling rather upbeat today, considering that he had survived through the spring. Summer had arrived, and with it came a new sense of hope and vigilance. His muscles rippled beneath his thick coat as he trekked through the forest, his ears cocked and alert. Already, he could spot numerous plants budding - including his own special friend, Planty. The thought caused a wave of pride to wash over him, drenching him in energy and newfound purpose.

Something nearby scampered across the thin foliage, scattering leaves in its haste. Instinctively, Embry cut his gaze toward the source of the noise, his body tense with anxiety. C'mon Embry, you've got this. His pep-talk was more easily said than done, but the male crept forward with confidence anyway. He lowered himself to a crouching position, scanning the surrounding forest in cautious silence. There! His gaze fell immediately upon the bushy brown tail of a squirrel. His heart hammered in his chest, urging him to pounce. It was only a few yards away, and it seemed completely oblivious of Embry's presence.

Quietly, the male inched closer. He was downwind, so he wasn't concerned about the squirrel detecting his scent. Sure, the vibrations from his pawsteps could alert the squirrel, but it was so tied up with cracking his nut that it didn't seem very skeptical. Finally, Embry was close enough to position himself for the attack. There was a tree just to the left of the squirrel, so it was the most plausible escape route. If it fled, that would be its destination. Muttering a small prayer under his breath, the blonde male leapt forward and extended his paws toward the creature. Sure enough, the panicked squrrel scrambled to the left. Cursing, Embry boosted off of his legs and awkwardly bounced to the side. His claws ripped into the squirrel's tail, pinning the small game to the ground. In one swift bite, Embry snapped its little neck. Finally, he thought, I've caught something useful.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 03, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 06, 2016, 01:01 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 06, 2016, 08:22 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 08, 2016, 09:44 AM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 18, 2016, 09:33 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 28, 2016, 03:04 PM