Blackbeak Bluff I'll die for you, I will
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
That's fine with me! Backdating it a couple days would actually fit Reek's timeline better.

The sea commanded his attention -- all of it; as it always had. Even in his childhood, Hiram had been captivated by the stories of the ocean's power as told by his sea-born mother. The stories, compounded with the call of the sea itself, had drawn him into these Wilds. This salt-kissed mistress had not only called him here, but she had thrown him into the throes of misfortune. Perhaps life would have been different had he turned away and had never crossed the threshold into this cursed land. He should have hated the sea and all it represented, but he could not bring himself to such feelings. Strangely, he still held love in his heart for the coast.

He breathed a wistful sigh, lowered his head, and reminisced. There had been a time when life had been simple -- a short time, but he remembered it well. He had not been mistreated by the sirens of the sound to the north. Though it had been a time without the light of Raas, the man couldn't help but wonder how much different life would have been if he would have remained a simple consort.

His thoughts, however, were cut short by a voice -- barely audible above the crashing waves. Familiar and uncharacteristically soft. He turned, allowing his gaze to settle on the outline of a charcoal black face. The soot-crowned Queen had arrived as if summoned by his thoughts.

Surprisingly, her question bore no sign of malice, nor did she offer any scathing remark. The man had always enjoyed that side of her personality -- and though he hardly let it on, he thoroughly enjoyed her company. "I'm heading south," he spoke plainly. He offered no further explanation, however, he saw no reason not to elaborate further if she asked. Though he would never admit it, she was a friend.
Messages In This Thread
I'll die for you, I will - by Reek - July 10, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Caiaphas - July 10, 2016, 03:42 PM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Reek - July 10, 2016, 04:10 PM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Caiaphas - July 14, 2016, 07:27 PM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Reek - July 16, 2016, 05:46 PM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Caiaphas - July 31, 2016, 03:45 PM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Reek - August 03, 2016, 11:37 AM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Caiaphas - August 07, 2016, 08:27 PM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Reek - August 20, 2016, 09:40 AM
RE: I'll die for you, I will - by Caiaphas - August 24, 2016, 07:34 PM