Ankyra Sound Call me home but don't let me in
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Joining 
@Kjalarr & @Maude here goes nothing! :D

Despite popular opinion, Charon had been right. Jackrabbit could not survive the winter on his own and he knew it, leading him further away from Redhawk Caldera in search of a pack, not a family, but a pack. One where he would not have to love, nor share comforting affections nor all the touchy-feely things that was accosted with family of any kind. Jack had a family twice over and had no interest in shoving himself into a third. The boy wonder strolled the coast line, a mass of dark blue rushing waves that seemed to go on forever at his awe. Never had he seen such a thing, bringing weight to the fact he was a particle in an ocean of everything else. The boy recalled the times he had believed him to be so big; a childish belief that had led him astray more than once. It would never happen again, he was sure as he vowed to the deep blue sea. Only when the great mass of water dried up would he call another place home again, call another father or mother; take another name that was not his to take. Perhaps hitting rock bottom would be the best thing that ever happened to him. 

But for now, he ventured on, stopping only occasionally to map his course. He had ventured in a reality straight direction, using the peak of the murderous Mountain to guide him in the other way. He had walked so far, becoming leaner with each day if it was even possible; for the lack of food had drawn him thin. Aside from the occasional mouse, rabbit, squirrel, bird or fish, Jackrabbit could not hunt solely but himself with much effectiveness, having relied primarily on Peregrine and the caches to do that for him. Therefore, he had taken longer to fill himself with the small fish of the sea, slowing his journey but regaining his energy. The next day, he picked himself up from the sand and streached, observing the markers in the sand that he had placed the night before to help him journey in the right direction when he woke. 

He walked.

Until, he found a border.

The boy had been around the block enough times to know where the line stood, and from what he could tell, this was it. The place itself have off an unfamiliar feeling, though perhaps, it was the cool ocean breeze that sent the shivers down his spine. Whatever it was, he would take it. Yet, he didn't exactly know how do go about doing so. Was he.. was he supposed to howl or something? He couldn't really do that without making himself look like an idiot. So, he waited. And waited. Simply sitting at the borders until another would approach him. Until then, he sighed, eyes intent as they looked within the unfamiliar territory; wondering if this would ever be his home.
chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder
Messages In This Thread
Call me home but don't let me in - by Jackrabbit - September 21, 2016, 05:33 PM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Kjalarr - September 22, 2016, 04:35 AM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Jackrabbit - September 22, 2016, 11:12 AM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Kjalarr - September 23, 2016, 06:32 AM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Jackrabbit - September 24, 2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Kjalarr - September 29, 2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Jackrabbit - October 01, 2016, 03:00 PM