Northstar Vale i don't get a suit of armor
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena's not supposed to wander but whoops, didn't want your thread overlooked. <3

"I'm just going to head back the way we came for a few, make sure we didn't leave anything behind," Saena called over a slim shoulder, no doubt to Warbone's vexation as she headed away from the pack, "I won't go any further, I swear." The lead bitch was feeling peppy now that her wounds were healed enough for her to walk at a decent speed again, and even her partner's loudest protests were unlikely to keep her from wandering back. Her word was good, though. Saena's desire to step outside the valley was all but gone now that the snow was here, and the guilt of what happened last time remained a constant on her mind. Warbone need not worry that she would leave and shame him again. She was good right where she was.

But she was, by blood, a DeMonte, and the wanderlust that went back many generations was difficult to shake. She had to walk, so she did. The pack fell away behind her, and once she was away from them, she dropped her stance to one that was more cautious and defensive. She could summon them with a bugle, but she felt strangely naked without them prowling at her sides. Her nose grazed the ground as she padded gingerly over the light snow, ever cognizant of her surroundings, and especially alert in her solitude. That paid off, for Saena, a creature intimately familiar with the valley and conditioned to notice anything out of place, spotted Banner first.

She lifted her head and brought her paws together beneath her breast, standing at attention about fifty yards away. The pale bitch couldn't make out many details about the other, especially with darkness following, but she raised her voice loud enough to call an accusatory, "hey!" across the distance. Duskvale was a wolf pack, even if it was rather unlike other wolf packs, and Saena still felt pretty prickly about any who got too close to where the pack was bedding down for the evening.
Messages In This Thread
i don't get a suit of armor - by Banner - December 04, 2016, 04:32 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Saēna - December 04, 2016, 07:23 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Warbone - December 04, 2016, 07:47 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Banner - December 04, 2016, 09:31 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Saēna - December 04, 2016, 10:00 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Tambourine - December 05, 2016, 10:41 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Warbone - December 06, 2016, 12:47 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Banner - December 06, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Saēna - December 06, 2016, 05:37 PM
RE: i don't get a suit of armor - by Tambourine - December 07, 2016, 09:01 AM