The Sentinels the salty seas behind the eyes
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The two women proceeded to walk amongst the woods, cheek to cheek, looking amongst the singed timbers for something… anything. In truth, Indie had done this very same act many times before, much in the same manner; snuffling around in the ashes, waiting for something even slightly out of the ordinary to capture her attention. The first time, she had found Cathenna — the once stranger who introduced her to the women called Nereides. The second time, Indie descried her scorned lover, the godlike racketeer Donovan. And now Indie waited, with bated breath, for what her third survey of the burnt sentinels would yield. It was sure to be good.

The vaudevillian walked in a lazy jaunt, the slurry of snow and ash underfoot creating a soft crunch with every step she took. Indie’s silken coat bounced around her as she walked, which was quite normal for Indie as she had this vivacious way about her; evinced through her dramatic, film noir-like movements and colorful flurry of words. Despite her animation, it was truly difficult to tell where the ashes ended and Indie began against their charcoal milieu. It was a great metaphor about how Indie like to think of herself: a mixture of scintillation and  strategy; exuberance and poise; able to dazzle while remaining calculated.

Akantha asked a question of Indie, and the vamp thought silently for a moment’s time. There was no real reason for her to have stayed with the Nereides [especially when she was such a foreigner to their culture, language, social structure…]. But Indie had a flair for dramatics, and the Nereides were the best performers that she had seem in a long time. Indie had grown to rather like this group of woman; loved their depth and how they lived so vividly“Your ladies have shown me how to live,” she answered in her customary contralto. Indie’s voice was low and decorated with sibilant flicks of her tongue, done in such a way that her words commanded attention, yet were intriguing and curious. To Indie, normalcy was boring — so she would always opt for just a little dash of flair. 

“Well, I’ve lived, but I haven’t lived for something yet. I admire your dedication. I admire your… energy.” Indie folded to Akantha, honestly and eagerly. “I wish to know the ocean and to love it as you do.”
“what a lovely day" says the butcher as she raises her arm 
Messages In This Thread
the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - January 30, 2017, 04:23 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - January 31, 2017, 09:11 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - February 01, 2017, 10:50 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - February 05, 2017, 09:43 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - February 06, 2017, 05:14 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - February 09, 2017, 10:54 AM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - February 14, 2017, 02:39 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - February 20, 2017, 02:58 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - February 23, 2017, 01:06 AM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - February 28, 2017, 10:54 PM