Bramblepoint devil's song
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Redshank had been blind sighted and, honestly, Rannoch was not surprised by this. But even with the surprise, he also did not pity the kid. Redshank had to learn the proper pecking order and Rannoch were going to make him learn if he didn't like it or not. He felt as thought a conviction had been his only choice at that moment, knowing that the ultimatum would grab Redshank's attention. Rannoch hadn't been sure just what reaction he'd received, but, he waited. With Rannoch's sentence lingering between them he watched, noticing as the expression of the other shifted as he struggled outwardly to figure out what he wanted.  

Redshank's confession tugged at Rannoch's heartstrings when it was spoken, and despite how he felt, Rannoch kept his expression stern. "Good," replied Rannoch eventually, as he had kept his stoic expression for more than a beat after Redshank had answered. Taking his paw off of the child, Rannoch took a step back to allow some breathing room. "To run with us, Redshank, you'll have to learn that there are some wolves you have to respect-- myself and my brothers included." He sat himself down then, buckling in metaphorically for the long haul that would be this lesson. "As your leader, you will respect me. You will not use the language that you did, nor will you approach me with the body language you did." Rannoch could have done worse in punishing the kid, but he figured enough had been done to rattle his cage. "In return, you will have a position among my ranks, a home to live in, food to eat, and most importantly a family." Hopefully through this thinking, the kid would see the importance of being respectful. 

The alpha's demeanor had softened considerably, as he felt that Redshank had gotten the point and Rannoch did not feel at this time that any further punishment was needed.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
devil's song - by Rannoch’s Ghost - April 09, 2017, 08:25 PM
RE: devil's song - by Redshank - April 11, 2017, 08:48 AM
RE: devil's song - by Rannoch’s Ghost - April 11, 2017, 09:20 AM
RE: devil's song - by Redshank - April 11, 2017, 10:42 AM
RE: devil's song - by Rannoch’s Ghost - April 11, 2017, 12:52 PM
RE: devil's song - by Redshank - April 13, 2017, 10:32 AM
RE: devil's song - by Rannoch’s Ghost - April 13, 2017, 12:30 PM
RE: devil's song - by Redshank - April 23, 2017, 12:18 PM