Noctisardor Bypass I'll wait here and see which way the wind will blow [MONTHLY PACK HUNT]
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
Wooo the long awaited pack hunt for this month! I do plan to do at least 1 per month now, but all wolves are welcome to hunt all the time. The monthly one will be where the whole pack comes together to bring down large prey. @Illecebra and @Noor may watch since they are pregnant and cannot participate in the hunt. @Rhona is welcome to join in, but I don't know if it's really her thing? If you don't want her participating then she can sit with the others and perhaps be there in case someone gets injured? Or join in, it's up to you! @Mawk @Semira @Horosk @Circe - Let's keep a post order on this for now! I'll give you guys until the 23rd to get a post in before this round ends unless everyone posts before then. I want to keep this going!

Gwen padded through the Elk Pass, just west of the lake. She had wanted to do this for a while, but now that the Caches had had to be emptied it was a necessity. They needed to hunt - and they needed large prey. The rest of the pack was following just behind her, and as soon as the Empress caught scent of the nearby Elk herd she grinned, turning to the others. Her voice was low as she had to avoid warning the herd of the pack's presence. "Okay - everyone ready? Does anyone want to request a certain task or is everybody happy for me to just deal out tasks?"

Her question was asked only because some wolves enjoyed one task more than another - for example, some wolves prefered to be the ones to make the final kill, and some prefered to be the ones chasing the prey to the others.

In this case, Gwen did not really mind who wanted to do what, but if they did not mind either she would just deal out different jobs to wolves she felt were good at that. This would be the first pack hunt with some of the newer members and she really wanted to be successful in this hunt. Despite the arrival of Spring and the plentiful prey it brought, the pack was low on food and they needed this.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]