Wapun Meadow i can be your china doll, if you wanna see me fall
I watch as the planets turn and the old stars die and the young stars burn
23 Posts
Ooc —
Come, let me woo you.

The quiet lasted no more than a second before the air seeped of her delicate chords, and Wirt closed his eyes and allowed her lifted voice to enthral him again. She finished her serenade with the likeness of a lullaby, a laying down to sleep - perhaps gentler than the imagery he would have conjured, but, her innocence drove with passion, and her words carried the strength of her love.

Ah! But she followed with the twist of conflict, as any good story would have. He peered to the West through half-lidded eyes and saw the sun, barely snuffed. Was it too soon to lift her voice to the moon? He reckoned so - but only so far as the celestial bodies were like wolves. Wirt himself stood as a traditional man, romantic yet conservative in love, for he believed that to take a woman was no flippant matter and that to lay with her bound wolf and wolf together in a union not even he completely understood, nor would try until he found that one he wanted most - and who wanted him the same. But the companionship of the heavens stretched to all wolfkind, and to be a lover of night and day seemed an innocent and widespread crime - though one he seldom committed.

Wirt offered a backing note to the final words of her passionate cry, a minor key to match the night, and held his howl for a few beats after. Their voices echoed together to the blinking stars and the peeking moon, and Wirt rested satisfied in their task of sinking the sun and welcoming the night. But to leave the chorus disappointed him, for long had it been since he'd sung with another, so loathe was he to leave the opportunity now. The evening ran young, and though he often kept to himself, he was by nature wolf, and even he needed the presence of others at times, even in simple voice.

So he lifted his words again, with poetry thick on his lips, and directed his voice to her.

"Oh lover of the day and night,
who woos the moon and sinks the light,
I've heard the chimes of many try to sing the day to sleep,
But seldom have I heard a voice
with love so true and passion deep."
Messages In This Thread
RE: i can be your china doll, if you wanna see me fall - by Wilhelm - November 05, 2017, 10:54 PM