Sequoia Coast clocks and calendars don't work in night vale
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
As she lays in silence for the next little bit, she simply enjoys it. Rose thinks the stars are pretty without being prompted in a similar fashion Blixen had. She could tell she didn’t enjoy it as much as she did, or understand what little she knows, and so to have someone genuinely interested that even asks questions fills her with something she doesn’t know how to explain. “I don’t know,” she says after a moment of consideration. “I guess I never… really thought about it.”

Furi falls silent after that, glancing over to see the way Rose holds up her paw. Pale green eyes linger for a moment before she moves back up, thinking about a whole new realm of possibilities. It has always simply been the sky, with the sun and moon and stars. That’s where they lived and that was that, except for the few times they fell from the sky and land among them. It has been a long time since she’s seen the meteors and she sometimes questions whether or not it had been real, but it had only been brought on by Blixen’s doubt.

Then she realizes her hiccups are gone. Huh. She doesn’t get up now that the trick has worked, but she’s just as content to stay in place.

“I saw the stars fall, once,” she tells her, glancing over to gauge her reaction but she fears she’ll get the same response as the last person she told. “I chased them across the sky until I found them landed in a field, floating.” Nervously, she bites her lip again, looking away to avoid any sudden rejection.

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Mallaidh - November 18, 2017, 09:04 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 18, 2017, 10:01 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 18, 2017, 11:05 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 19, 2017, 09:34 AM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 19, 2017, 01:10 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 19, 2017, 03:57 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 19, 2017, 06:09 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 19, 2017, 10:32 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 20, 2017, 11:24 AM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Mallaidh - November 20, 2017, 12:23 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 20, 2017, 02:14 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 20, 2017, 03:42 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 20, 2017, 04:55 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 20, 2017, 06:19 PM
RE: clocks and calendars don't work in night vale - by Rose - November 20, 2017, 07:38 PM