Sleepy Fox Hollow walk down the road and I'm alone again
170 Posts
Ooc — JB

The game they played had been something rare in Rheia's life since it was a process reserved for the menfolk; budding warriors would be pitted against one another and consorts pining for the titular role come ritual season would each test their might, train their bodies whenever they had spare energy. The girls had their own lessons and while that did not remove them from physicality entirely, Rheia herself had been given her lessons by pacifists with strong ties to the matriarchal traditions. So, yes, she could play, but not for long and it would always lead her back to thoughts ...about home? About you?

Sif's question didn't immediately register but Rheia snapped back to reality, feeling her pulse slacken a bit when her new sister crawled in close - but only for a beat, and then strangely it picked up again. Home? the girl parroted blithely and felt a swell of sadness jolt from her heart to her belly to her throat, and she let out a little breath as if the very question had winded her. The struggle of explaining what home had been like for Rheia was multi-structured: she wanted to share it and had been taught to expound her beliefs, she wanted to amaze Sif with the stories from her history and most of all she wanted a sister - a true sister - who believed as she did. But at the same time Rheia knew of her shortcomings; the language barrier was strong between them, and most important, her homesickness. 

Home is... was, mountain. Big mountain. Sisters, many. A smile drew itself across her sleepy face as she spoke but it was tinged with sadness as she thought about home, of her many tutors, and even the old woman who had briefly visited them - the grandmother she had yet to find again. i mitéra fengári, um -- Rheia glanced up at the sky and tried to figure out which direction the moon would be in, but there were many trees in this place and she could not easily orient herself without getting up; it was warm next to Sif and the girl did not want to move yet. Was mother moon even a concept she could explain to Sif? She sighed again and settled, pressing her cheek against Sif's nearness. Tell about Sif now?
Messages In This Thread
walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - November 30, 2017, 10:45 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 12:37 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 02:49 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 10:32 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Spooky Camilla - December 02, 2017, 12:08 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 01:43 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 02:20 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 02:51 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 03:18 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 03:47 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 04, 2017, 02:46 PM