Firestone Hot Springs the river's sins gonna wash me clean
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The spring burned, the heat searing her skin. She hadn't meant to return, remembering the cold, the chill, that came after. But the river had led her here, after she'd left behind the ghost, the fog a distance beacon that had drawn her near. She slipped between the pools, the only sound the ripple of water and claw on stone, until finally sinking into one of the deeper pools. Her gaze fluttered closed as she drew in breath, fire-kissed girl sinking completely beneath the water, until the world was only weightless warmth. 

For a moment, she was at ease - her mind stilled, the water burned away all that was filthy. But pain pulled at her lungs, and the heat began to feel destructive, and her mind began to turn again. She broke the surface again, gasping, panic suddenly reaching deep, swift and brutal. She remembered him, the things he'd done, how he'd completely and utterly reduced her. Strangled gasp escaped her as her gaze blinked shut again, focusing on the water, the burn, until her mind cleared, slowly, and the tension leaked from her once more.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
Messages In This Thread
the river's sins gonna wash me clean - by Anatha - January 04, 2018, 01:16 AM
RE: the river's sins gonna wash me clean - by Kaevo - January 04, 2018, 07:51 AM
RE: the river's sins gonna wash me clean - by Anatha - January 04, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: the river's sins gonna wash me clean - by Kaevo - January 06, 2018, 06:03 AM
RE: the river's sins gonna wash me clean - by Anatha - January 06, 2018, 02:17 PM
RE: the river's sins gonna wash me clean - by Kaevo - January 11, 2018, 08:23 AM