Dragoncrest Cliffs why do birds appear every time you question the government?
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
The first night back in Drageda feels surreal. She’d been unable to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time, occasionally drifting between sleep and consciousness. It never failed any time close to slipping into slumber, she’d be tugged right back out. When she gave up, and laid uselessly on the cold around, a little ways off from the other wolves, she struggles to keep her mind off of the others they’d temporarily left behind.

Eventually, she gives up on sleeping and slips out of Hougeda and disappears for the rest of the night. It isn’t until the sun begins to rise that she feels remotely like herself. As the day grows, the sky brightening every so often, she feels anxiety seep into her chest, filling up her longs. She hasn’t properly greeted the wolves she left behind and she sets off through the redwoods in a nervous-paced trot for a fresh scent of those left behind.

Instinctively, she heads for Rose’s den. A bird sounds up high and she glances up, not necessarily seeing anything in particular and so she ignores it, swinging back to reorient herself. After a few minutes, the anxiety grows thicker and she takes a gasping breath, slowing to a stop. Her heart beats heavy in her ears, drowning out the sounds of the outside world. Her ears fall back and she lowers her head, taking a slow step forward.

A bird sounds up high and she glances up, again, blinking a few times against the sun. Somehow, she’s turned herself around and gone in a circle. The drumming in her ears gets louder the harder her heart pounds in her chest. Furi lifts one foot to take a step but the world turns a little too much to the left, causing her to sway and stagger to the right in order to correct it. When it doesn’t help, she scrunches her eyes and lowers to the ground, folding her legs up into herself as she waits for the moment to pass.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
why do birds appear every time you question the government? - by Mallaidh - January 29, 2018, 08:39 PM