Fox's Glade and I don't feel no remorse, and you can't see past my blinders
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
it was something vaati had taught her - rage did not allow the advantage in battle that she'd have thought it would. it lent her nothing besides making obvious to her opponent what she would do next, in this case, her father. he was bigger than her still, and her charge was only abruptly halted when he made for the underside of her neck, shoving her to the ground beneath him. she snarled, but the sound was abruptly cut off when he closed his jaws warningly, and the hate increased tenfold in her gaze as she struggled for breath a moment.

he called her a child, and she hissed through her tightened airway, blood pounding almost painfully. "I am not the child you left behind." She would have spoken further, but the dull pain suddenly snapped into focus, and breathe came harder, suddenly. her father wrenched back, instead pushing a paw onto her bleeding throat, and again she hissed, this time in pain. 

he spoke again, and this time she felt only disgust. "no. you failed, you messed up, and you don't have the guts to fix it. you just found another vulnerable woman you could feel powerful beside. you're disgusting." he regretted Olive, he regretted her, and she hated him with all she had. he lept off her, bolting like a frightened hare, and suddenly she could breath again, and the blood pounding in her ears didn't seem quite as loud. she moved to her feet, only to fall back onto her haunches, suddenly dizzy. the anger left her as quickly as it had come, and she stared dully after her father, mind tracing the steps of what had just occurred, staring sightlessly to where he'd vanished.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.