Redtail Rise I'm walking here!
if you must live, darling one, just live
71 Posts
Ooc —
Tacked on an ending, since player fell inactive. If you return and want to continue, just let me know!

From her warm reception, it seemed his apology was enough to patch things up - he was pretty sure it hadn't been that smile he'd given. His face seemed to fall too naturally to a frown for any grin to feel anything but alien, though he tried to retain the warmth on his face, if only in his eyes.

Adeline. She seemed a pleasant sort, a straight sort of woman from her mannerisms to her coat. Now that he could breathe again, and actually think clearly, he did feel pretty jerkish for snapping her away. But he wouldn't dwell there. The air had cleared, both of the ash and of his temper, and he reminded himself the stranger had only wanted to help a wolf who had, very clearly, been in distress.

He sucked in a deep breath to test his lungs, and exhaled with only the slightest whistle and the start of an itch - dull enough to conceal with a quiet grunt. "Well, I'm not coughing anymore, so it seems so." His eyes still burned, and his skin still itched from where the ash had nestled through his fur. Yeah, this hadn't been one of his better ideas, but at least the only one who'd seen was a stranger, and not someone closer. Tuathal glanced around for somewhere to wash, more out of habit than anything, but he didn't need to look to see this forest had absolutely nothing to offer but charred down trees. "Hmmph." He turned back to her from his surveying, "Do y'know if there're any lakes or rivers nearby? I think I got ash in my eyes, and it'd be great to get it out."

It turned out she wasn't aware of any fresh water in the vicinity. Very well. The ash had settled enough that he was confident he could move without collecting more into his lungs, so with a brisk nod he bid the fair girl farewell and struck West, planning to rinse himself in the first river or lake or puddle he came across.

Messages In This Thread
I'm walking here! - by Adeline - April 21, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Tuathal - April 24, 2018, 07:21 PM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Adeline - April 25, 2018, 07:12 PM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Tuathal - April 26, 2018, 09:33 PM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Adeline - April 28, 2018, 08:40 AM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Tuathal - April 30, 2018, 11:15 AM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Adeline - May 01, 2018, 07:58 PM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Tuathal - May 06, 2018, 04:09 PM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Adeline - May 10, 2018, 07:05 PM
RE: I'm walking here! - by Tuathal - May 13, 2018, 03:56 PM