Heron Lake Plateau I can't deny
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt mulled over what he said, his tail twitching thoughtfully.  Quixote was younger than him by a long shot, but he had a similar, done-a-lot-of-shit-and-kinda-over-it air to him.  Which Colt found to be kinda a bummer, not gonna lie, though he was glad it made them birds of a feather in situations like this.  At least he had a good five years of stupidity before he'd ended up in this boat.  He was probably right; they wanted to be parents, and didn't seem to much care if the kids they had respected the head honcho.  Because from what Colt had seen these past few times?  That was definitely not the case.

But he had pull here.  Not a lot; he wasn't an idiot, he knew Finley could have him out on his ass in a heartbeat.  But that heartbeat might be a little slower for him than it would be for Quixote, because she knew her stupid brother, he hoped, well enough to know that he (usually) meant very little harm.  And he was a little on the fence about the whole thing anywho, so if he did get the boot, decision made?  Not a great prospect, but he'd moved on before.  He was sure he'd do it again.

"I can talk to her," he said after a beat, the suggestion coming fairly easily despite what it implied.  "I agree; I want them to prove me wrong.  But maybe we were stupid going to Elwood anyway and expecting him to handle it."  He felt a little guilty saying it; he really did like Elwood.  But he got the feeling the guy was a nice one... he didn't have that Blackthorn tough-love aspect.  Towhee should probably know what was going on.  "I don't have to mention you."  He added, noting that Quixote had said he didn't trust his own chances.  He'd hate to get his pal kicked out on his ass too if things went south.
Messages In This Thread
I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 23, 2018, 08:46 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 23, 2018, 09:04 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 23, 2018, 09:16 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 23, 2018, 09:38 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 23, 2018, 10:15 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 23, 2018, 11:43 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 24, 2018, 06:07 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 24, 2018, 07:04 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 25, 2018, 05:02 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 28, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 29, 2018, 09:51 AM