Heron Lake Plateau It's almost like a Hallmark movie, but with tentacles.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Really Colt didn't have too much of a goal in coming here, and most of his grievances had started as him being butthurt that Elwood and Finley had handed over the reigns and not included them in the decision.  Her deafness was the main defect he could latch on, and it had escalated to where it was now.

But the more he'd thought on it, the more it had bothered him that such an imperfect wolf would be assigned to the head of the pack.  What did it make them look like?  He was a shallow asshole, and the fact that she spoke of the pack supporting her grated him.  Did she even hunt at all in group hunts?  Or did she leave that to 'experienced hunters' too?

"He's a bird, not a wolf." He pressed, knowing he was pushing it but feeling like Towhee was making a dangerous mistake not making that distinction.  "Who knows where their loyalty lies, and after this moving mixup, I'd think you'd be a little slower to trust him as much."  His ears tipped back.  "Maybe we have different ideas on this.  But in my mind, a pack's lead represents them.  Yeah, we all work together, but you do more and deal with more than the rest of us.  Strangers come knocking right now and ask for a leader, guess they aren't gonna get you less your bird happens to get the memo.  Let alone an attack."  

There could be a full scale skirmish on the borders and she would be happily in her own little world if X chose not to say anything.  She was ok with that?  He'd never seen her on the defensive, only the offensive.  How could she help defend effectively if she didn't know what was happening?

"I don't like the idea of calling a bird when there's trouble.  Maybe that's harsh but it's where I stand.  And I guess if I'm the only one who feels that way, maybe it's my problem."
Messages In This Thread