Heron Lake Plateau You want a light saber?
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Thanks for the invite! I'm so close to my medic mastery that I appreciate every chance I can get to add another thread to the log. :)

Raven wasn't terribly far from where Towhee had succumbed to the heat, having just emerged from a dip in the lake herself. While the medic enjoyed warm weather, her black fur absorbed a great deal more heat than did that of her lighter-colored packmates and, on especially muggy days like today, it could get uncomfortable quickly. She was shaking the excess water from her pelt when she heard X's distress call from some small distance away. Curiosity roused within her, but she wasn't overly concerned at the moment because there could be any number of reasons for X to fuss.

But, moments later, she spotted the raptor circling high above her, sunlight making his golden plumage gleam. When he caught sight of her, he dove straight for her and that was when she began to worry. Something's happened to Towhee, the alpha realized. She was ready to go immediately, and when X drew near, she asked him to show her the way and followed him at a full run.

It only took a few moments to reach Towhee, fortunately, and she was greeted by the sight of Orca and Fiadh when she got there. Already panting in the oppressive heat, she approached just in time to hear Towhee ask the pair to help her up. She appeared to be dazed and a little disoriented, and a quick touch of her own cold nose to Towhee's hot, dry nose made for a quick diagnosis. This being her third summer, Raven was well-acquainted with the symptoms of heatstroke. "She's got heat poisoning," she said, her calm voice tinged with a note of urgency, and then looked at her two companions. "We have to lower her body temperature now. Let's get her to the lake." She gently nudged her weakened sister's shoulder and smiled at her encouragingly, inwardly hoping that Towhee hadn't been in this state for too long. Brain and organ damage could easily occur if heat poisoning wasn't treated promptly.
Messages In This Thread
You want a light saber? - by Towhee - May 20, 2018, 11:33 AM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Fiadh - May 21, 2018, 12:06 AM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Towhee - May 21, 2018, 09:33 AM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Orca - May 21, 2018, 12:19 PM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Raven - May 22, 2018, 12:42 AM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Fiadh - May 28, 2018, 11:09 AM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Towhee - May 28, 2018, 12:04 PM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Orca - June 04, 2018, 12:06 PM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Raven - June 05, 2018, 02:39 AM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Fiadh - June 09, 2018, 12:45 PM
RE: You want a light saber? - by Towhee - June 11, 2018, 10:31 AM