Stone Circle The explorer
28 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
All Welcome 
(Mobile, apologies for grammatical errors )

Casimir wandered along the territory, eyes fixated on the sky. It was beautiful,
really, a mixture of colors bright and dark, soft and bold,  gazing down at him. Casimir I wondered how the sky had come to be. What made the sky splay above him like it did now, beautiful and brilliant, and quite fascinating? Why did the sky grow dark and light constantly, an ever-turning cycle-or so he assumed. Could the cycle end? Perhaps one day the sky would simply stop changing, freeze in time and never move again. But why would that happen? When would that happen-if it ever were to? What would happen if it di-

“Ow!”

Casimir abruptly retreated from his dreamer’s thoughts, glancing down at the hole in which his paw had slipped. The boy whined as he pulled himself out of the hole, testing his paw on the ground once again. It was tender, and vibrant pain streaked up his leg if he placed too much of his weight upon it. “Ooooww,” Cas repeated as he moved to settle down against a mossy log. As he looked down at his paw, something struck a chord in his heart. Xahi had caught her paw like this once, he recalled with a laugh. 

He remembered it quite vividly, that day. Xahi had been chomping at the bit to get out of the territory when spring arrived, claiming if the siblings never explored, they would all die boring and dull. Aezra had rolled her eyes so far back into her head, Cas thought Xahi had actually damaged her brain with constant talking. Of course, Arnvarr had simply smiled at Xahi from his place beside Aezra, flicking a bemused glance to Casimir as they sat through Xahi’s tangents, as usual. Casimir had grinned back at him before agreeing with Xahi simply to spark her fire more. “See!” She had blurted after he had agreed. “Cas agrees with me, he obviously has a brain!” Aezra had tossed a poisonous glare in the boy’s direction. “Fine,” she spat. “But if mom gets back and is pissed off im no-“ but Xahi was gone. Aezra has huffed an exasperated sigh, tossing another pointed glare at Cas before bounding after their greyhound sister, Casimir and Arnvarr following after her. Their exploring did not last long, though, because Xahi had gone and tried to sprint after a hare through the thickest part of the brush. He can still hear her high pitched squeal if he thinks hard enough, the noise piercing the air around the siblings as Xahi caught her paw. Ezimette had been furious at first when they arrived home, Xahi propped up against Arnvarr’s shoulder. Eventually though, she had simply become amused by the story, and knew that Xahi would never play explorer again, to her relief. “Oh my Xahi, you’ll never have the chance to put those legs to use if you go breaking them,” she had said. 

Casimir smiled as he drifted into a sleep against the log, and he swear he see his mother’s twinkling eyes in the sky.
~ C A S I M I R ~
Messages In This Thread
The explorer - by Casimir - June 25, 2018, 09:58 PM
RE: The explorer - by FiraCardinal - June 25, 2018, 10:31 PM
RE: The explorer - by Casimir - July 09, 2018, 06:28 PM