Broken Boulder i'll pay my weight in blood to feel my nerves wake up
done with your shit
115 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Once again, Zamael sighed, closing his eyes for a brief moment as he collected himself. It was foolish of his brother to have stopped eating, no matter the reason. But he understood. He, too, had gone through bouts of self-imposed starvation, dead to the world. When he'd tried to worm his way out of that hole, it had been agony. It was a slow road back, and not one without some pain.

"Your stomach shrinks when you don't eat," he said quietly, opening his eyes again and fixing Alarian with a gimlet stare. "Even the slightest amount of food is going to irritate it." His mouth twisted as he thought silently to himself for a moment. "Juniper berries," he finally said. "Treats bellyache."

He didn't mention--though maybe he didn't have to--that they also had the beneficial effect of soothing a wolf in the midst of a nervous breakdown--trauma, existential crisis, what have you. Whatever was stopping Alarian from eating, Zamael would bet his bottom fucking dollar that there was a psychological component behind it. It was almost too easy.

"You got a stash of medicine anywhere around here?" Zamael asked, flicking an ear toward his brother. "Or somewhere I can find juniper berries, at least?"
Messages In This Thread