Dawnlark Plains keep me from the gallows pole
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Pack Activity 
Pack hunt! I'm gonna use my Aditya authority to make this MANDATORY for all adult, active members (besides Pema & Aviana, nursing pups). @Dawn @Sunny @Aliac

Since we only have five members, first round ends in five days and Round 2 will start July 23.

Though he was still immensely happy for his children--nothing would change that--Shale was beginning to be consumed by worry. Dauntless was gone, off to find his sisters, and though he respected his decision, he really wished his nephew would have stayed. That was one less able hunter, and the ratio of hunters to helpless mouths to feed was severely imbalanced. He was already hunting all the time, and had stepped up his productivity in recent days.

Now, Shale stood on a gentle rise, the wind rippling through his thick pelt, the Streiter siblings by his side. Together, they'd located an ailing buck in the herd, and had gotten close enough to make sure, by scent, that it was merely old age, not sickness, that plagued it. Perhaps once it had been the lead male, but it was aging quickly, and the sun was beginning to set on its life.

Sometimes, he felt the same way. Grayday's death had brought his own mortality to the forefront of his mind.

Tipping his nose back, he let out a howl for the remaining hunting members of Morningside, then looked over at Sylvas and Sybella, smiling. They were all thin, subsisting on either their own small kills or the meager bit of meat they got from ungulates taken down by the pack. Most of everything went to the nursing mothers; it had to, if they were to ensure a healthy batch of pups, the future generation.

He would not let his children go hungry. Not on his life.
Messages In This Thread
keep me from the gallows pole - by Shale - July 18, 2018, 01:28 AM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Sunny - July 18, 2018, 08:05 AM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Dawn - July 18, 2018, 06:48 PM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Aviana - July 21, 2018, 08:40 PM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Aliac - July 25, 2018, 09:23 AM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Shale - July 25, 2018, 05:32 PM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Aviana - July 25, 2018, 07:37 PM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Sunny - July 26, 2018, 09:25 PM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Dawn - August 02, 2018, 06:13 AM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Shale - August 12, 2018, 11:07 PM
RE: keep me from the gallows pole - by Dawn - August 28, 2018, 09:03 PM