The Sunspire dear child (i've been dying to reach you)
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
*crashes the party*

Liffey smiled softly as her little family gamboled about. Unlike others in the pack, the Frostfur matriarch had found contentment in Olive's and Seabreeze's abandonment. Her heart ached for Terance and the children he had lost, of course. And it did twinge some for her own children who had (presumably) grown fond of the other kids during the time they had denned together. But for all of that, Liffey had never quite been able to free herself of the resentment she felt towards both litters and their mothers. They should never had had to be the ones to deal with Olive's. And Seabreeze's simply never should have existed.

But, they were gone now, and some well-buried part of Liffey felt both smug and grateful for it. Their kids had always been lesser and long had she wanted the pack's focus to be solely on her little prince and princesses. The others had been cute, but.. Well. They were not Frostfurs. They were not hers.

Liffey stretched serenely before she stood to join her mate. She dropped to his side with a gentle kiss to his temple before looking down at her brood. Her eyes trailed to Wisp and a familiar sting of remorse struck her over the injury she had not been there to prevent, but she made no motion to interrupt the girl. She looked instead back at Remi, her tail wagging as she called to her. "You just going to leave the stick to your brother and sister?" she goaded playfully, hopeful that she could draw the girl into the game, "It's an awful nice stick..."
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: dear child (i've been dying to reach you) - by Deshyr - August 09, 2018, 08:40 PM
RE: dear child (i've been dying to reach you) - by Remi - August 11, 2018, 01:19 PM
RE: dear child (i've been dying to reach you) - by Liffey - August 22, 2018, 11:23 AM
RE: dear child (i've been dying to reach you) - by Breccan - September 03, 2018, 09:00 PM