Duskfire Glacier Oh, how they tear at you now
146 Posts
Ooc —
For a moment, all she could do was wait in tense silence - afraid she'd offended him. This was nanuk's brother after all. The silence hung heavy between them, thick enough to slice, her eyes carefully trained on the ground as she waited for his voice. Uki shuddered with relief, closing her eyes briefly, when the words sunk in - realizing he wasn't angry.

She hadn't meant to feel so negatively about Siarut; she just couldn't stand hypocrites. At first, she'd been willing to forget the whole thing but how often could she sit there, listen to Siarut pretend to care about her? He'd had plenty of time to prove himself a brother to her and Uki was just done. If they wanted to see her as a subordinate and not a person, then she didn't need their companionship.

"I'm gonna throw those out," she murmured. "They didn't help really, just trapped me in the dreams," she whispered, her gaze flitting to the trees as if searching for monsters in the night. That had been a desperate attempt anyhow, trying to drug herself into a peaceful slumber, gods know she just wanted to sleep. Even now, she felt sluggish and dull. 

"Tomkin," she began, panic rising in her throat, "I don't know if I can tell you about the nightmares...I'm not," her words caught in her throat as guilt choked her, "I'm not a good person." 

"I've hurt people," she whispered.

"English!" Jeering laughter, as he forced her head to the ground, panicked northern falling from Tapeesa's lips as she pleaded - which only made them laugh harder. 

"English," she'd whispered as he bled out beneath her - his throat ripped open to match the scar she wore as a necklace - a victorious sneer twisting her features.

She closed her eyes, willing the memories away where they couldn't hurt her. They opened, resting wearily on Tomkin as he spoke again.

"But who will help you?"

Her gaze was guarded but emotion flickered there - caution, fear, hope. 

I could, if you'll let me, her gaze seemed to promise.

"And you're tired of not being strong."
Messages In This Thread
Oh, how they tear at you now - by Uki - August 27, 2018, 01:37 PM
RE: Oh, how they tear at you now - by Tomkin - September 04, 2018, 11:34 PM
RE: Oh, how they tear at you now - by Uki - September 05, 2018, 08:39 AM
RE: Oh, how they tear at you now - by Tomkin - September 12, 2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Oh, how they tear at you now - by Uki - September 13, 2018, 10:19 AM
RE: Oh, how they tear at you now - by Tomkin - September 28, 2018, 12:54 PM
RE: Oh, how they tear at you now - by Uki - September 28, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: Oh, how they tear at you now - by Tomkin - October 05, 2018, 12:40 PM
RE: Oh, how they tear at you now - by Uki - October 09, 2018, 01:05 PM