Horizon Ridge insuring body parts isn't just for celebrities
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
I uh, wasn't entirely sober when I did this so IDK what's happening.

A long pause of silence goes by and Mallaidh watches him fade from ignorance into awareness and she feels the moment recognition crosses his gaze. Her head pulls back slightly and he regards him, yearning to know what he’s feeling. Her own turmoil swings back and forth. It’s been so long since she’s last seen him, knowing in her bones then it was him but the denial turning her away. She’d been looking for him, like their family had, and she’d found him and he refused and she’d gotten lost.

She never saw her mother again.

She does not understand the sudden influx of emotion, certain she’d been okay up until this point. Carrying Lotte with her has been a burden but just as helpful and she is nowhere to be found. Her heart beats heavily in her chest. Harder, harder. So hard it bursts right through her ribcage and out onto the ground. She swallows it and closes her eyes, trying to calm her erratic breathing.

Hello, he says, as if he does not know her. Hello.

The single word repeats in her head, over and over. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello.

The first thing her brother says to her in who knows how long? Hello.

Hello. Hel—.

“Roarke,” she says, desperately needing to hear her own voice, hear any other word. Practice keeps her voice confident, stern, a nose held slightly higher. Her feet do not carry her to close the distance between them, she does not fall into his breast as she had with Eirlys.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
insuring body parts isn't just for celebrities - by Mallaidh - September 30, 2018, 08:28 AM
RE: insuring body parts isn't just for celebrities - by Mallaidh - October 03, 2018, 07:12 PM