Whitefish River A fire in the attic, proof of the prize
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He hadn't been startled, just surprised to find someone out and about so late. Regardless, he gave a quick nod in response, only studying the odd male when he further explained his words. The stranger took a seat, moonlight glinting off his fur and turning it an interesting shade of blue. Kavik followed suit, taking a seat as well, stifling the urge to wince as the movement jostled his chest wound. He didn't like to show weakness around anyone, let alone a stranger. He had important responsibilities; no need to go and get himself in another fight and accrue more injuries in the process. 

He stated he had been around for a bit. Kavik hadn't scented him near the borders during his patrols, so he seemed to have the good sense to stay far enough from claimed lands. Kavik listened quietly as the male went on to explain that the winter seemed to leave him in need of a home. He understood that; winter had only just started, and it was sure to get colder and more difficult for a wolf to survive on their own. The alpha was about to ask about his skills, but the stranger introduced himself and informed Kavik that he was a good hunter. They could always use hunters, even ones that were not very good at teamwork; it was something that could be easily taught. He dipped his head once more. I am Kavik, alpha of Blacktail Deer Plateau. My mate Liri is the other alpha, he returned. 

Siqsa fell silent for a few minutes, but Kavik was no stranger to quiet. He studied the male again as he appeared lost in thought. He was large like Kavik and also young. He seemed a little strange, but that didn't matter to the alpha, he was just glad to possibly have met someone to add to the ranks. When the other man finally spoke, it was to mention Kavik's beta. His eyes held a little surprise at hearing his friend's name. It made sense, though. Grezig was always busy recruiting members and doing other things for the pack, even before they had officially settled in the plateau. He considered himself lucky to have such a capable and hard-working beta. 

So you've met my beta, he said. What she says is correct; we do need more numbers, especially with winter so close, he added. He couldn't see a reason not to allow Siqsa to join their ranks; they needed members and he needed a home, so it seemed like a good match. Plus, he seemed like a capable wolf and those were always good to have. You're welcome to join the ranks, Siqsa, he stated, standing up. You could join me for a walk out here and I can answer whatever questions you have, or I can take you back to the plateau now. Most of the members are asleep, so you wouldn't be able to meet them until the morning. It's your choice, he offered, falling silent again and waiting for the male's answer.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
A fire in the attic, proof of the prize - by RIP Kavik - October 03, 2018, 02:18 AM
RE: A fire in the attic, proof of the prize - by Siqsa - October 03, 2018, 11:19 AM
RE: A fire in the attic, proof of the prize - by RIP Kavik - October 03, 2018, 12:12 PM
RE: A fire in the attic, proof of the prize - by Siqsa - October 03, 2018, 12:40 PM
RE: A fire in the attic, proof of the prize - by RIP Kavik - October 03, 2018, 01:50 PM
RE: A fire in the attic, proof of the prize - by Siqsa - October 03, 2018, 02:35 PM
RE: A fire in the attic, proof of the prize - by RIP Kavik - October 03, 2018, 03:04 PM