Redtail Rise i see the exodus of light
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
he was leaning on bravado, acceptance followed by hard words. Tahani recognized it and gave him a gentle smile, shaking her head. "i heal, not hurt," she insisted, taking a slow, deep breath as she began to gather her thoughts. what did he need? plants to help heal wounds, to soothe him. though away from home--she presumed--she didn't want to give him poppies, which would only dull his instincts. he needed those. . .

"back soon," Tahani said shortly, nodding, and wandered away, collecting all that she would need. it took a little while--she had to wander down off the rise, for herbs still lacked a foothold here--but finally she had what she needed. patience was a virtue, and Tahani had it in spades.

the healer deposited her small stash in front of the boy, making small and deliberate moves, so that she would not startle him. she began to chew the oak leaves--"for wounds," she explained, mouth slightly full. "hold still." once the paste had been made, she leaned close. applying it with her pad might be more comfortable for her patient, but she had been traveling--her paws were dirty, and would only infect the wounds more.

"can i?" she muttered softly, sticking her tongue out to reveal the paste balled on the end of it with a slight chuckle. "will help. promise."
Common · Inuttut
Messages In This Thread
i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 13, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - October 16, 2018, 05:48 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 17, 2018, 04:30 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - October 21, 2018, 08:51 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 22, 2018, 04:51 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - November 02, 2018, 11:10 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - November 03, 2018, 06:33 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - November 08, 2018, 11:50 PM