Blacktail Deer Plateau The road outside my house is paved with good intentions
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Private 
@Liri I hope this okay! I had already planned this injury arc before all the drama ensued! Current time.

The pain woke him from his worried sleep, and his first thought was that his bad dream was preferable to the wrenching headache that now shot through his skull. Out of habit, the first thing he did when he woke up was open his eyes, but he regretted it immediately; opening his eyes somehow made the throbbing and clenching so much worse, so he was forced to quickly close them again as a pained whine escaped his lips. 

Liri was sleeping next to him, which he thought was unlucky for her. Since his mess up, neither of them had been sleeping very much, and they could both usually be found wandering the territory late into the night or early in the morning before the sun came up. Tonight, though, she either hadn't woken yet or had just fallen asleep, regardless, she was lying next to him, her breaths coming out in slow rhythmic huffs. 

He tried to focus on the pattern of her breathing as his entire body tensed in response to the agony he was currently enduring. His breaths came out ragged and uneven as he tried to stay silent, fearing any sounds would wake her and force her to pity him. He couldn't bear the thought. She deserved to be angry with him and didn't need any reasons to be conflicted about her feelings. But, it was clearly out of his control at this point as the pain reached its peak, causing his head to fall down on his paws and an anguished grunt to leave his chest. He tried to remind himself that the torture would end soon. He tried his counting and tried to find the sounds of Liri's breathing, but the pain overshadowed everything, and so he lied there suffering and trying to ignore the dark thoughts that maybe this time his headache wouldn't subside and he would be cursed to live in torment forever.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
The road outside my house is paved with good intentions - by RIP Kavik - October 16, 2018, 09:29 PM