Hushed Willows if i get home before daylight, i just might get some sleep tonight
morpheus knows no mercy
214 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Private 
She cannot remember the last time she’d seen @Silas. The last thing she said to him. She did, once. She remembered for a long while until she didn’t. One day, she realizes the memory is gone, replaced by horror and torment, even often hidden from the sun.

She does not enjoy the sun, now.

Black fur, patchy and sparse, burns beneath the morning sun. Scarred legs, a swollen ankle, haven’t stopped running.

Qilaq remembers the sun filtering in as a whole circle instead of a guarding silhouette, investigating to find not a soul is there. It takes five minutes and thirteen seconds to run and for days does the poor girl run (or perhaps what feels like days), and it is not until she finds the willows that she slows down. Running at night seems easier, used to the dark—her eyes hurt in the sun—and as the sky brightens in the morning, she uses the willows for cover. Thin legs tremble, rail thin form barely supported as she slows. Her heart pounds in her ears and she knows she has to keep going, keep running, but there is no ounce of energy left and collapses in a heap.

A few hours later, she’s able to stand but cannot run. Every joint in her body aches. Her stomach has long since passed reminding her she’s hungry. When she hears the roar of a waterfall, her course alters and she finds the source. The journey is blocked from her memory as she struggles to remember point a to point b. All she needs is to get as far away as possible, no matter what she do.

Her head lowers and she drinks. And drinks. She drinks until her stomach protests. She remembers this moment. She’s been here before. As soon as she turns, she regurgitates all the water onto the ground and splashes her feet. Looking up, she sees the opening behind the water and without drinking again, steps closer. Her legs won’t last much longer but she’s stuck, afraid to step behind the water, into the opening but unable to stay in the opening. Qilaq squints against the sun as it begins to lower, searching the rest of her surroundings frantically for another source. Just a few more hours, she decides, and finds a nook of stone to the right of the opening and there she curls up, tucks herself as far away from view as possible, and tries for a fitful at best sleep.
she had a mind like a box of fireworks
and hands that played recklessly with matches
Messages In This Thread
if i get home before daylight, i just might get some sleep tonight - by Qilaq - October 17, 2018, 08:00 PM