Stone Circle Circle around, because I got a list of mentions
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
His mind was cloudy as the call rose, the summon that rang over the trees and echoed in his head as the scout sat there. It took great effort to stand, rising himself stiffly to his paws, but he moved toward the sound with no qualms - there was a stone in his chest, but at least his mate could rest painlessly, embrace the peace that she had so deserved while the air still filled her lungs. The world seemed grey around him without Illecebra's presence at his side, as though the browning of leaves had simply faded, the grass and vegetation a sleepy monochrome ahead of him as he walked; he listened only to the thrumming of his own heart. Wolves were already gathering as he arrived, and the man sucked in a tight breath through his teeth. 

"I won't leave your side."

He could hear the words as she whispered, a pool of her last breaths billowing out into the air around him - he could hear her as though the trees themselves were muttering to him, the drizzle of snow guiding him forward. Words of encouragement. Perhaps they truly were from Illecebra; she had said she would walk with him always, even after death, and he had promised the same.

Valette began to speak, and his own lips remained tightly drawn, ears tipped sadly forward. The alphess had started with the announcement of his mate's passing, and Mawk's crown dipped in acknowledgement, respect, despite the sorrow that swirled around his chest and pounded at the surface of his lungs. Sometimes he struggled to breath.

He nodded to the newcomers, and to Steph he presented his best attempts at a smile. She deserved that role. Valette spoke of the stones, and when Illecebra's name was mentioned upon her lips his focus dribbled back toward her, feeling twinges of sorrow climb up through his body. Her words filled his head and tears began to trickle down the surface of his cheeks again, a sob threatening to spill from his muzzle - Mawk's eyes glittered toward the alphess, wide with gratitude.

Illecebra's life would be honoured as the Warrior Stone.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Circle around, because I got a list of mentions - by Mawk - October 31, 2018, 02:35 PM
RE: Circle around, because I got a list of mentions - by Ira - November 02, 2018, 02:33 PM