Whitefish River Oh, I'm a Maid, and I'm Pure and Fair--I'll Never Dance with a Hairy Bear!
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
The wolf-shape was rather larger and more intimidating than Nynka had anticipated, as it stepped into the cavern's entryway and stood there ominously silhouetted. There wasn't much more than a hazy sliver of moonlight left but it was enough to give an ethereal silvery outline to the canid's fur all along the edges, while leaving its whole front in murky darkness. A biggish wolf, yes... but still gullible, Nynka thought wickedly to herself as her whiskers curled gleefully upward even further with the wolf's voice echoing in her ears: Who is there?

It is I, boomed Nynka more than willingly. —the Great Bear Spirit of the Sacred Moonlit Shard Caverns! And I do not like rude tresssppaasseeerrrssss... Rrruuagh! She smothered the laugh that tried to bubble its way up out of her throat. Wouldn't do to wreck the whole thing right now, not when it was going so very swimmingly thus far. Not bad, if she did say so herself! Nynka held her breath a moment and waited eagerly for the stupid wolf's reply, little knowing that she knew this wolf fairly well already. The scent wafting in her direction niggled irritatingly at a corner of her brain, but she shoved it down in favor of concentrating on her bombastic theatrical performance—not now, not NOW! Come on, you idiotic creature, now take the bait.