Swiftcurrent Creek A Wish Fulfilled
5 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Away
 No problem! I'm afraid I tend to spree, but take your time! :D

"I'm Constantine, the Alpha here." 
Mysti was thoroughly embarrassed, findig that this dark wolf was the alpha. How insulting her remark mut have sounded. Hopefully Constantine would regard it as an honest mistake. Constantine. Knowing another wolf's name was something Mysti hadn't known for a long time. It felt right.
"We have room for those that are loyal and hardworking. Can you tell me more about yourself?"

Mysti paused. What were some of her traits? It would be best to start with the bad and end with the good, right?
"I can be ignorant or naiive at times. I like to think that I am a good hunter, but I have only caught rabbits and foxes, never large prey like elk or deer. And I have never fished before. I can be very unsure of things, and indecisive."
Mysti could also be untrusting, but she didn't mention that. If she didn't think the pack was trustworthy, how could they ever trust her? Putting those thoughts aside, these words against her were all true, but she did have some good traits as well.

"I am sure of some things, however, as I am very observant. You have been near water, your fur is glossy, where there's been humidity- the creek hasn't frozen yet, has it? Your paws give it away- they are slightly muddy, whereas the ground would be too hard for that if it was frozen. "

Mysti could also tell that the wolf was concerned about something. She didn't know what, but she refrained from mentioning it.

"I don't know how useful this can be, must I think it can be used for tracking prey. The twig over there is at an odd angle, it will have been stepped on, but on the edge, as it's not cracked. Not by a wolf, there'd be claw marks, but maybe a deer."

Mysti didn't know how she inherited this skill, but it came in handy when finding sick or injured prey.
 She could never hunt elk by herself, of course, but she'd watch the herds. Quicker than a rabbit's flee, she'd find out the weak one. It was always towards the middle of the herd, like it knew that was the safest place. It might be limping, it might be slower. It might have been warier than it would have had it been healthy. Mysti remembered her first, and only, elk. It had been a few months after she had been abandoned. She was watching a herd hungrily, not having eaten anything but a rabbit in weeks. There was a juvenile elk, seemingly healthy. But at a closer glance, she saw its restricted breaths and watery eyes. She was so hungry, she could just pounce! But she didn't. Mysti sat and waited, thinking. Soon she had a plan. They were near a mount of boulders, a pit in the middle. Mysti knew of the pit. But the elk didn't. Sneaking through the brush, she waited until the young elk separated from the herd. She allowed it a glimpse of her, and it cried out and ran to the rocks. It was delirious from the sickness, it didn't now what it was doing. And it fell right into the pit. Mysti ran from the rest of the herd, but returned later to feast. The circumstances had never been so perfect again, but Mysti never was that hungry again, either.

"I am very intelligent, loyal, and hard-working. I am determined to prove my worth to the pack. I am very agile and can run quickly. I am used to difficult living conditions and tough situations. I am submissive when I need to be, but I become very aggresive when defending territory or family.

It felt strange, listing all of her abilities. It felt self-indulgent, but it was necessary.

"I think- I hope - I can be of use to this pack."
Messages In This Thread
A Wish Fulfilled - by Mysti - November 04, 2018, 07:47 PM
RE: A Wish Fulfilled - by Constantine - November 07, 2018, 11:42 AM
RE: A Wish Fulfilled - by Mysti - November 07, 2018, 09:52 PM
RE: A Wish Fulfilled - by Constantine - November 14, 2018, 03:04 PM
RE: A Wish Fulfilled - by Mysti - November 15, 2018, 06:15 PM