Heron Lake Plateau young, violent, half-mad
170 Posts
Ooc — JB
Camilla felt herself flush when the compliment was turned back upon her; it was the first time in years that she'd heard a kind thing said about her, even if it had only been offered as a courtesy, and she was temporarily overwhelmed. Then, when the girl began to ask questions about where Camilla came from, that warmth cooled off like a sudden drop in temperature — not because she didn't want to talk about the sisterhood or her old life, but because... Well, she'd been demonized by the men for speaking of it before, and wasn't sure what would happen if she began to explain. Sequoia certainly wouldn't hurt her. She was too nice for that, too young and innocent. But a part of the troubled woman would always feel apprehensive about such topics. Too much pain went in to her conditioning - they'd beaten her mother tongue almost completely out of her, and it felt so wrong to consider voicing more information about Labyrinth. Even thinking of it made her shudder.

Um, n-no, I.. I don't... She slurred quietly, feeling the pressure build with Sequoia's attention focused squarely upon her. Those big, bright eyes. That pretty little face. A level of devotion and interest that was more overwhelming than the compliment and the shouting voices from earlier, combined. She shook her head and drew back, gathering some space between them as if that would help - but she got to her feet hastily in the process as if something had offended her. I.. I can't. Um, I'm.. I'm sorry!

It was right on cue with her spastic removal from the scene, as she tried to distance herself from flashes of violence in her memory; as Camilla mentally blocked off thoughts of home and the subsequent tumult of her conditioning, she inadvertently put physical distance between herself and her new friend - likely alienating any further interaction.
Messages In This Thread
young, violent, half-mad - by Spooky Camilla - December 13, 2018, 05:57 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Sequoia - December 13, 2018, 06:24 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Spooky Camilla - December 13, 2018, 06:30 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Sequoia - December 13, 2018, 06:47 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Spooky Camilla - December 13, 2018, 06:52 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Sequoia - December 13, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Spooky Camilla - December 13, 2018, 07:09 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Sequoia - December 13, 2018, 07:29 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Spooky Camilla - December 13, 2018, 07:35 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Sequoia - December 15, 2018, 12:53 PM
RE: young, violent, half-mad - by Spooky Camilla - December 16, 2018, 08:28 PM