Whitefish River we just keep swimming, swimming, swimming upstream
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik was in dire need of a distraction from life, so when the beta asked him to help her hunt one of their pack's namesakes to bring with them to the yule celebration, he gladly accepted. The pair sat watching the herd in silence for a little bit. He found that he didn't always have much to say these days--mostly because he assumed others didn't really want to hear about what dominated most of his thoughts. He watched the deer sift through the snow in search of food, eyes briefly flicking to Ruenna when she began to speak. Her words caused concern to fill his expression as the alpha wondered what might be troubling her. 

He moved silently next to Ruenna as they began circling the herd, a slight nod of his head stating he was listening as she started speaking about Minori. His gaze was drawn to the lame buck in question as he spotted it on the other side of the herd, it's limp making it stick out like a sore thumb. Ah, her request to be beta? Kavik asked, lifting his head to motion for her to follow.

The mention of Liri gave him pause, but only briefly. Swallowing the lump of despair that always formed at the mention of his sick mate, he started moving again. Yes, he said quietly, keeping his gaze firmly trained on their prey as he tried to remain stoic. I'll have to...speak to her about it. But your opinion is an essential part of the decision. They wouldn't promote anyone to leader unless Ruenna was also on board with their choice. Admittedly, he hadn't thought much about having another beta. He already had so much to deal with, that replacing Grezig just kind of fell to the back-burner indefinitely. He wasn't even sure they needed another beta right now, but he would hear the silver female out--see how she felt on the subject. It was very possible that he was just blinded by grief and stress, and maybe she would be the voice of reason.

It's totally fine! I don't mind at all :)
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: we just keep swimming, swimming, swimming upstream - by RIP Kavik - December 18, 2018, 02:06 PM